Sydney

I spent today doing housework and catching up on images. Today was actually the Ranvet Stakes meeting. I couldn't tell you the last time I did NOT photograph this race day. As always I pace the room slightly when I'm not at the track and I was inclined to feel moody. 

To tell the truth I've actually been feeling generally moody over the past 24 hours. And restless. Despite this I tried to make the most out of the day. Although I failed utterly at getting the washing on the line I did at least get a load washed..  The drizzling rain over the past day or so has made me wonder whether I will finally need to bite the bullet and get a dryer. I also swept my floor (yet again, so much dust!!) and mopped it. AND I vacuumed. Impressive, right??  I also gave the bathrooms a bit of a clean as well as my kitchen. 

After this I decided I was thoroughly bored and my attention drifted off to the future. I don't head to Sydney until the 4th. The kids and I will be there for the  school holidays. I have a lot of work in Sydney. As I've said I really should have been there today too. It's a hard juggle at times. 

Both the lovely boys Fiorente and Dundeel got rolled today. To tell the truth, because I wasn't there to photograph them, I wasn't sure if I was pleased by this. Does that make me a terribly sore loser?  I'm not sure.  I hate it when great champions win when I am not there to capture it so perhaps I am??  Darley have yet more terrific 2 year olds. I've been waiting for Guelph's half brother Ghibellines to do what I knew he could do after photographing him winning a trial in January. 

Earthquake continues to dazzle. When I think of this unbeaten filly, the Darley home bred sired by their champion Exceed and Excel, my mind drifts off and I begin to think about how the little filly with the broad blaze is doing.  The one by Exceed and Excel out of Accessories. She was fun. Just as I think about the Street Cry filly out of Miss Right Note. Not to mention a certain gorgeous brown filly who danced and played her way around a lush green paddock at Seymour, Lonhro ex Latte. It will mean a lot to me to see this trio succeed on the Racetrack and its not the first time I've stopped to think about them. 

We've done things a little upside down today mainly due to my wanting to make the house look a little better and wanting to moodily watch the races. The kids were happy to potter about but are now very happily playing at another local playground and skate park that is very close to us. I'm rugged up because it is cold but they're having fun. We got a takeaway pizza for dinner and its been a nice way to spend the last part of our day. The rain threatens, as I look up and begin thinking about giving the 5 minute warning.  We've been living here almost 2 whole months now. Maxie caused me to wring my hands in despair the other day. His chewing can be a disaster. In milliseconds too. The Bad Ass. He will have his first plane ride soon. The traveling kitty has another hurdle to jump.


Ghibellines (Shamardal - Camarilla), winner of the Todman Stakes today.  He's a half brother to Guelph.
Guelph (Exceed and Excel - Camarilla).  3rd in today's Phar Lap Stakes.  Retirement for the 4 time Group 1 winner?
Guelph

Earthquake (Exceed and Excel - Cataclysm)
 


Fiorente.  Unplaced in the Ranvet today.  The talk was that there was track bias?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses