Time after Time....

Periodically I get asked to research back through my library to find images on certain families, or horses owned by a breeder, etc.  The current set of images I'm going back through is the Teeley Asset draft which will be auctioned by Magic Millions.  Arrowfield Stud, whom I am Official Photographer for, is presenting the draft on behalf of Teeley Assets.  Teeley Assets is the breeding arm of Muzaffar Yaseen.  The story of his involvement in breeding and racing was written up beautifully by Arrowfield Stud after his filly Miracles of Life won the 2013 Blue Diamond Stakes.


12 months later Mr Yaseen again won a Group 1 race on Blue Diamond Stakes day with another horse he owns and bred, called Lankan Rupee.  I call him the Love Heart horse.  He's by 'my boy' Redoute's Choice, who I have photographed exclusively for Mr John Messara at Arrowfield Stud since 2008.  I love my role with Arrowfield Stud and I love that Mr Messara entrusts his horses with me and that he likes and values my work.

Mr Yaseen is dispersing his bloodstock interests, and below is a little snapshot of the images I've pulled together for Magic Million and Arrowfield.  It's always a bit of fun going back through the library.  I spotted an image of Gai, because she trained Redoute's Choice's full brother Platinum Scissors.  He won the G1 Spring Champion Stakes and the G2 Norman Robinson Stakes in 2002.  Alas he had fertility issues and wasn't able to follow in the illustrious footsteps of his very famous older brother.  Looking back at the images taken of Gai 12 years ago reminds me of the aging process.  Is age catching up with us all?  I guess it is.............

Yours truly.  Taken by my buddy Bruno on the Gold Coast - January 2014.  Time marches on.
The first racehorse bred by Mr Yaseen, Redoute's Choice, who was out of his blue chip mare Shantha's Choice, wins his first race, the MRC Verve Cliquot Stakes (LR) a week before the Blue Diamond.
Had a horse ever won a Blue Diamond at only their 2nd start?  Redoute's Choice did...  A young Danny Nikolic had the ride that day.

Redoute's Choice defeats Testa Rossa in a landmark Caulfield Guineas in 1999.  They say this race makes stallions.
Redoute's defeating Miss Pennymoney and Intergaze in the 2000 CF Orr Stakes.

A very young looking trio - John Messara, Darren Beadman and Rick Hore-Lacy
My first time photographing Redoute's Choice as a stallion.  I've been photographing Arrowfield's stallions exclusively ever since
Redoute's Choice in 2009.  Well and truly a legend by now.
Sliding Cube in 2007.  She was by Rock of Gibraltar out of Shantha's Choice.  A half sister to Redoute's Choice and Manhattan Rain.  The dam of Rubick.


Manhattan Rain (Encosta de Lago - Shantha's Choice)
 

Platinum Scissors (Danehill - Shantha's Choice) - a full brother to Redoute's Choice - after winning the 2002 Norman Robinson Stakes.
A young looking Gai Waterhouse and Iris O'Farrell after Platinum Scissors victory.
Platinum Scissors
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses