Here and there...

I haven't achieved most of the things that I set out to do this morning, but I have actually made some progress which will make things feel less chaotic.  There's been domestic duties done with washing on the line, floors swept AND mopped!  Impressed???  I bet you are.  I also tackled some more boxes because there were things I still couldn't find and that would have been an issue tomorrow.  My garage is getting closer to the point where the lovely Dan can rest inside of a night.  He won't know himself, will he.  His very own garage!!!!

However early this morning I woke to hear of the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman.  I loved him.  Thought he was ace..  I must admit I was a bit shocked to discover he was only 46, somehow he seemed older than this, perhaps just because his films achievements were so prolifiic.  In one of life's real ironies I put on a DVD (yes.....  one I've watched many times before, little bad(?) habit of mine??) last night called "The Boat That Rocked".  I love the film.  It's got this great, and mostly UK, cast.  However Philip Seymour Hoffman's character "The Count" was a real standout in my mind.  He died overnight of a heroin overdose.  TIME Photo have a wonderful portrait image taken only last year of him by Paola Kudacki.


In other news, on Saturday we went to the most amazing performance at the MCEC.  It was the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra's Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular.  And spectacular it was.  I took Heath and Sean.  Jessica stayed at the party with my sister and all my family and had a great time there.  And then yesterday evening, we decided to have fish and chips at the local takeaway before going to the beach at Point Leo..  Just because we could....








Somehow these seem timely with the death by drug overdose of Philip Seymour Hoffman.  Amazingly talented..  Incredibly gifted.  Yet beset by demons and issues he couldn't shake.  Sometimes people can't change and it all ends in tears... I like to live in hope that people can change.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses