Domestic Goddess??? I think not......

I'm tired and deflated this evening, despite the fact that it was a good day until about 6pm.  I was on the go in Melbourne all day today with a couple of photoshoots, and in between the 2 shoots I caught up with my Dad, Sister and her partner for lunch.  Jessica had dance this afternoon after school, during which time Heath and I wandered around the little village centre.  We went to the truly ace art shop, had a coffee and a milkshake then returned to school to get Jessica.  We then drove 10 minutes up the road - would you believe that there is a KMart so close to us??!  Jessica has a birthday party to go to on Saturday so we had a present to shop for, and because I was feeling little protective of my kids after events far too close to home last night in the area, I was softer than usual and they were allowed to spend $19 each.....

However the evening quickly fell apart once we were inside.  I was in the process of unloading the car and getting dinner ready, when Jessica came running down saying "Mummy, the carpet's wet!!!"...  Water everywhere from the laundry, wet carpet, and the boxes are also wet in the garage although I absolutely couldn't face looking at them.  Heath discovered the problem, the hose emptying the hand-me-down washing machine into laundry tub had somehow come dislodged.  And to think I felt so organised putting washing on as we left the house this morning.  I shall never attempt to be so domestically organised again..  Expletives poured out of me, and we went for the towels.  Back to the kitchen and into the pantry to get the pasta.....  Wretched ants everywhere..    Bastards!!!!  Then back up to the laundry, bringing washing in, hanging washing out, washing the soaked towels and putting new ones out. 

To add insult to injury the stupid hose popped out again while it was spinning..  I was beside myself and cursing the stupid stupid lack of floor wastes as I frantically reached for the mop..  What is wrong with design on new houses now????  Heath, my ever practical boy was in there with the tape trying to fix the hose so it won't fall out of the tub.  We couldn't afford a new washing machine and while I haven't sat down on my kitchen stool with a cup of tea yet that's probably only because this kitchen doesn't have a cool and safe corner like my last one did.  Suffice it to say that it turned into the Terrible-Horrible-No-Good-Very-Bad-Day...

I take a breath, and admit that this isn't completely true because I did work with some lovely horses today and they are nice images.  I am completely out of dry towels though and am still v cross at the stupid and evil hose.....

Rubick....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses