Can You Hear The Horses?

Yesterday was a very long day, and it was well and truly dark by the time I got home. I don't enjoy driving that way home in the dark.  It was a good day though, and while running the Cup so late is taxing and the horses felt the hard track by day's end, the light really was truly pretty.  There's always a lovely friendly feel to the press rooms in Melbourne, and on the big days like Caulfield Cup Day, it did feel as though almost everyone was there.

Just last weekend my sister asked me if I'd heard the song "Dog Days are Over", which is by Florence and the Machine.  I have, because I'd heard it at her place, and had downloaded it a while ago.  I love the song.  I love the lyrics as well, because let's face it, any song talking about horses is pretty ok with me.  My sister says she always thinks of me when she hears it.....

"Happiness hit her like a train on a track.... 
 The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses?
'Cause here they come"

This morning was another early start, and the results of which I'll put up tomorrow I hope, because I am out on my feet....  Of course tomorrow night I fly back into Melbourne, quite late.  I just looked, rather gloomily as it turned out, at the weather forecast.. Not so good...





 



 



 
 



 










Comments

  1. Great photo of a proud father and his only son - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Fawkner has unusual colouring, kind of dappled ... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses