Soreness

Maxie has just started his usual 10.15pm attack of the rats.  He's in my tiny kitchen. Playing with a pipe cleaner.  He will sleep contentedly for several hours until about this hour, then gets a burst of energy and begins playing.  And racing wildly around the house.  He's a warty little toad when he does this after we've all gone to bed.

I'm dodging sleep slightly tonight.  I popped another nerve in my neck at 4am this morning.  It shot straight down my shoulder and I was in despair.  Clearly jumping yesterday on the jarring horse didn't do me any favours.  My shoulder is sore to the touch, my neck is sore and sorry, and I was back to not being able to move much, so it's been tiring.  By the time I picked the kids up it was so bad that I phoned the clinic I've been seeing, and Andrew fitted me in.  As he figured out what was wrong I ended up in tears when it caught me again.  But it felt a lot better after he'd worked on it for 15 minutes.  

After getting back, I sat outside with Maxie for an hour and a half in the warm sunshine, on my front steps, before we headed out for the usual Tuesday night activities.

And before I forget, this little foal was the only one I photographed 'free' last weekend in the Hunter Valley.  She's already famously bred..  Sorry, no, not from THAT Famous Family.  I was being misleading there, wasn't I?  She's the little sister to More Joyous.  She was 10 days old when I took these. 


Chestnut filly, foaled 16 August 2013.  More Than Ready - Sunday Joy.  A full sister to champion More Joyous. 
Chestnut filly, foaled 16 August 2013.  More Than Ready - Sunday Joy.  A full sister to champion More Joyous. 
 


 






Sunday Joy.
 
More Than Ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses