Running all day

I feel like I haven't stopped all day today. Actually. That's not true, because I did stop for a couple of hours to get my hair done. It's the first time in over 5 months. I'm sick of cutting my own fringe. It was pretty wonky. Thank goodness I don't attempt the rest of it. I can still feel myself fighting off the impulse to feel guilty about getting it done. I'm sure there are woman out there who NEVER go without a hair cut and never feel guilty.  I'm not one of them, alas.

I've bought supplies for Maxie. I've bought new feed for Freelance. I still need to drop it down to her paddock. I've done the chemist and managed to get some all important forms signed and lodged. And I managed to get the kids' book club orders in too.

But although I've begun rounding things up, I haven't packed a single thing yet. And we want to be on the road early too. These short turn arounds are always hard.  My friend rang today though and I have to photograph his mare for him while I'm there. And we are hoping to grab time for dinner too. And the kids are excited about seeing their cousins and I can't wait to see my sister and the rest of the family too.

I took some carrots along to riding this evening, hoping to see Snips. I sighed sadly when I found his stall minus the lovely bright bay horse who face lights up when he sees me.  They said he's off to another show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses