Deep Etching. Part 2...

Do you want the good news or the bad news?  The good news is unrelated to the Deep Etching, and is that the 'old-new' computer is finally on it's way back home to DesignWyse.  Thank goodness for that.  The other good news that is related to Deep Etching is that I think I have worked out how to do it with straight lines.

The BAD news is that I am ALL at sea when it comes to deep etching around a curved line.  In fact, I am rubbish at it!  I don't understand the command to do the curvy handle things on the anchor points to get it to bend and flex, all in the direction I want it to go.  Let's get that perfectly clear.  I can get it to wave about and curve and look all crazy.  That's easy.  But doing it is a coherent way that curves gently around the shape of the curve, much like you would run your hand over a gentle curve, well, that's a little bit beyond me....... 

Big breath....  It is a fancy, and very lovely drinks trolley though.  And I know, I know, my lighting at the moment is not ideal, and I must get those softboxes decided upon, and ordered.  No criticisms today.  They just make my head hurt....  I am putting on my tutorial for the 4th (or 5th??) time..


Postscript:  Not bad for a beginner deep etcher?  Only a little bit wobbly in parts????? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses