Happy Birthday Jessica

Monday the 6th of May is drawing to a close.  My daughter Jessica turned 8 today.  Birthdays mean a lot to her.  She is very like her cousin Seany in Melbourne.  She counts down the days.  Plans her party and thinks about her presents.  And was just so excited to be 8 years old, because it meant she could sit in the front seat of the lovely Dan for the first time on the way to school this morning.  Her brother Heath was gorgeously generous about it this morning, which to be honest surprised me.  He reminded her about sitting in the front and bounded into the back seat.  It was fair to say though that by the end of the day this novelty had worn off and he was reminding me that the front seat is 'his' spot.

Birthdays tend to mean a lot to girls, and my daughter is no exception.  It was nice that my mum and dad both called today.  And my lovely friend Bradley in Sydney phoned to say happy birthday too.  It's nice when people show that you, and your kids, mean enough to pick up the phone and to call.  He's a good friend and the kids adore him.

Ok.  It's true.  There was probably a part of my heart that leapt when I found the salmon coloured jeans in Target, which seemed to go so naturally and beautifully with the black tshirt and salmon jumper.  She burst into happy smiles, saying "Nelly colours!!!!!", and couldn't wait to change into them when she got home from school this afternoon.

I'm tired.  I've just finished putting the final touches on the cupcakes we baked this afternoon for Jessica to take to school tomorrow.  Happy Birthday bubby.....

Jessica with her diorama we worked so hard on all weekend.

You can sit in the front seat once you turn 8!
Dressed for her birthday dinner in her new birthday clothes.  She insisted on getting "Nelly" for the photographs".



Eremein.  2005 AJC Derby.  This was the last race meeting I photographed whilst pregnant with Jessica.  I was 34 weeks.  Ok, so I wasn't one of these woman who was happy to sit quietly, and I tried to keep working as long as I could.
Jessica and I with our darling Nelly, the Famous Pony Black Caviar.  29 December 2012.  Photo by Darren Tindale.
Jessica with her darling Nelly.  Photo by Darren Tindale

With the Famous Pony's trainer at Black Caviar's final race, the TJ Smith Stakes.
Jessica, my friend Melissa and I at Randwick.  Photo by Mark Gatt.

Jessica and her Nelly
Jessica and Nelly
Jessica the first time she met Nelly.  13 October 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses