Accounting Genius

Right now, if there were any accounting geniuses out there that could tell me how to do all of my MYOB transactions correctly, I would think that they were completely ace and fabulous. The problem with trying to do this sort of thing yourself is that it is easy to get it hopelessly wrong.  If you could only set it up right in the first place, then I'm sure it wouldn't be such a headache at this time of the year.  And if it's not set up right, then the process of fixing it gets worse the longer you leave it.  What's that they say about putting bandages on large poisonous sores without getting rid of the poison first?  It doesn't ever really make things better does it.

As it is, I feel like I'm walking into the walls.  Bookwork for me is like bashing my head against a brick wall.  It feels lovely when I stop.  Even when I was at CSIRO, and working with all the Finance Managers and overviewing their financial reports to submit to my big boss, the Deputy Chief Executive, for approval, I found it hard to work it all out.  Profit and Loss, and Balance Sheets, have always seemed to be a little bit of a mystery to me.  They are an even greater source of mystery right now.  And it is frustrating the heck out of me!  Taking photographs is much more fun that this sort of stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses