How Famous? $5million Famous...

It is true.  The Famous Family today got even more Famous today.  The juggernaut that IS the Famous Pony Black Caviar, and her family, just keeps steamrolling ahead.

I'm not long in, after a marathon 24 hours.  On the highway home, even though I despise driving in the dark, I spent a large part of the journey wondering in amazement at what I witnessed this afternoon.  I had thought that Lot 131, the colt by Redoute's Choice from Helsinge, would make between $4million and $4.5million.  But he made a staggering $5million, shattering the old record of $3.6million, and almost double what his baby sister made this time last year.

His lovely breeder was sick with nerves before the sale, but he needn't have worried.  The colt strolled around with his head lowered (I like the head higher myself!) and barely skipped a beat.  The bidding opened at $2million and went from there.

This is the quickest of looks this evening, as I am tired and haven't even looked at the many other images of the colt.  But this truly is the family that can do NO wrong..













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses