The week ahead

What was it that I said about gloomy and miserable days?  Strangely, the gloriously mild sunny, calm and crisp conditions of 2 days ago have vanished.  Today is only 17 degrees.  I don't mind that at all, in fact cooler days after a hot summer are still a nice thing.  But perhaps the gloomy and grey sky is mirroring my mood just ever so slightly.

Next week is tricky and difficult.  Full of trips up and down the highway and critically important photoshoots.  There is the Golden Slipper on Saturday.  I've also just been asked to photograph the Inglis Cocktail Party on Monday evening.  The Famous Pony's famous Half Brother, the colt by Redoute's Choice, is set to go under the hammer around 3.20pm on Tuesday.  I have to return to Canberra briefly, then head back to Sydney for the last days of the Easter Yearling Sale, not to mention an important little date with destiny that is the Famous Pony's 25th start at Royal Randwick.  

In addition to this hectic schedule I also had somehow managed to have 3 important appointments booked in.  How the heck they managed to be put in this week is beyond me because surely I always knew this was the week in between Slipper and TJ Smith Stakes day, which was always going to be filled with Famous Pony commitments!

Perhaps it is the funky and amusing website design software encouraging me to take a deep breath, but I just managed to shift 2 out of the 3 appointments without too much headache and the 3rd I will just have to wait for.  The really important one however was only shifted by 2 days and that is a great thing.

The Famous Pony Black Caviar.  20 December 2012.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses