The Galaxy

Bel Sprinter had a couple of hiccups, when he missed the start by 2 lengths in the Group 1 Galaxy run today at Rosehill Gardens.  Fortunately my new camera and I didn't have any more mix ups in the 2nd Group 1 races of the day, and we performed flawlessly. There are times when you just nail it..  And that's a nice thing.  There are days when this is a nice feeling.  I'd bumped into his young trainer Jason Warren at the airport when Tanya had dropped me back after our Black Caviar photoshoot, and we'd talked about the horse's chances in the Galaxy.  Jason was hoping, and like us all, you could sense that he really wanted it to go well and to get that breakthrough. So it was a nice moment today, even though he did roll my filly Snitzerland.  There's still a link with The Famous Pony because he's by Black Caviar's sire, Bel Esprit. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses