Silver linings?

As an addendum to my previous post, a subsequent phone call from a Picture Desk may have lifted my mood somewhat.  

I am never one to count my chickens before they hatch, but it seems (as perhaps we thought at the time) that a series of images I took last April are gathering momentum and attracting more attention.  Mostly this is a great thing, because these images are a little bit unique. 

Helsinge and her Redoute's Choice colt, on 19 April 2012.  The colt will sell at the Inglis Easter Yearling Sale as Lot 131 this year.  Her owner Rick Jamieson (breeder of Black Caviar, All Too Hard and the rest of the clan) is a terrific person and a good friend.
Champion - Redoute's Choice.  I proudly call him one of 'My Boys'.  I've been photographing him for John Messara's Arrowfield Stud since 2008.
Redoute's Choice
Redoute's Choice
Redoute's Choice
Redoute's Choice
Redoute's Choice
Redoute's Choice.  I love this image.  He's a great stallion.  And he was a great racehorse too.  I'm very fond of him, and proud to call him one of 'My Boys".
Redoute's Choice
The Famous Pony Black Caviar (Bel Esprit - Helsinge).  I fondly, and proudly, call her at times "my Pony".  I love her dearly, and have tracked her progress photographically since 2010.  There's a bond that has developed, and for that, I am immensely grateful.  She's an incredibly special horse, surrounded by very special people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses