Returning to Flemington. 3 Sleeps...

Today is Wednesday..  There are 3 sleeps left.  On Friday afternoon we fly into Melbourne.  On Saturday I return to the famous Flemington Racecourse.  I haven't been to the track since Melbourne Cup Week.  In one sense returning to the mounting yard and the media centre room will be bittersweet.  But most important is that on Saturday there is a VERY important little horse race taking place at Flemington.  And (touch wood!!!) a VERY VERY VERY important little horse will be running in that race.  My mind is beginning to do it's mental counting down and writing of lists (all in my head at this point, which isn't much good until I set it down on paper) of all the things I need to take, and organise before we fly out.

The Famous Pony Black Caviar overpowers Hay List in the 2012 Lightning Stakes.  How could you not have come and been there that day???  She was awe inspiring.  And Hay List was brave and courageous.
The Famous Pony Black Caviar strides out in an unofficial trial at Sandown.  22 January 2013.
Bronwen and the Famous Pony Black Caviar.  21 December 2012.  Photo by Marg Clarke.
Bronwen and the Famous Pony Black Caviar.  21 December 2012.  Photo by Darren Tindale.
Bronwen at Flemington.  10 November 2012.  Emirates Stakes Day.  Last time I was on course at HQ.  Photo by Bruno Cannatelli.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses