On the Road Again

Dan (my car) is packed.  And clean (well, sort of clean for him, anyway).  I am always amazed by the amount of horse feed I have to sweep out of him each time I clean him out, and the assortment of kids toys, and left over food, which always makes me curse.  His oil and water are checked (think the oil was low, again), and I just need to fuel him up, on route to feeding my pony and picking the kids up.  I am feeling tired and sick, and can't shake a cold that just wants to get nastier.  The reason for the trip this weekend is my mum's birthday party, as she turned 70 on Wednesday, and is having an afternoon tea for a party in Sydney tomorrow afternoon.  

I have of course thrown the camera in, as there will be photos to be take, and I kept wandering back to my cupboard and looking at the big lens in its bag, thinking 'should I, shouldn't I?'  Then decided that spending a little bit of time with some ponies will be good for my soul, so made a quick phone call to a stable that has some nice horses, and looks that I can do some fun things with some v good ponies next week.  

My house has just had it's curtain tracks redone, and that's excellent, along with venetian blinds on my back window and door right where my computer sits, so I don't glance up at night and wonder about strange men in the backyard, as did happen shortly after we moved in.  The young bloke has just lost his van keys though, which is awkward, as I need to go and feed my pony and pick my kids up and hit the road!

Pierro.  2012 AJC Sires.


More Joyous.  2012 Doncaster Handicap.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses