There goes another $80...

My options for the Australian Cup weekend in Melbourne have suddenly narrowed alarmingly..  My flights are booked and paid for.  But what an extraordinary waste of money that now appears to have been, seeing as I will now probably have to cancel them, and in addition to the lost revenue that comes from sitting at home instead of working, wear yet another $80 change fee that Qantas charges whenever you are forced to change your plans.  Thank goodness the Pony is in the paddock and won't be trying to win back to back Newmarket Handicaps, or my despair would be complete.

Black Caviar winning the 2010 Newmarket Handicap.
Black Caviar's last victory, her 19th, in the G1 Lightning Stakes.  It was taken only 10 days ago, feels much longer than that though.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses