When Nelly met Jessica and Heath - the soft side of Black Caviar.

In this house we call her the Famous Pony.  To the Moody family and staff, she's Nelly.  To the Clarke's, at Murchison, she's "The Princess".  Black Caviar has many titles.  Fastest and best racehorse in the world. Unbeaten superstar.  Queen of the Turf.  And contrary to what some believe, she's got a soft side.  She nuzzles up for treats.  Lets you kiss her eyelids, and rub her ears.  And eagerly looks for more offerings.  Her fame is such that the green grocer that my sister uses in North Fitzroy, refused to charge us for her tidbits once he heard that they were being bought for the great mare. 

Moody is generous in giving me access to his Nelly.  For that I am forever grateful.  And last week, his generosity extended to letting me take my two children to see her.  There's no need for words to describe their joy and wonder.  Just gaze upon the images of this truly wonderful racehorse, and see for yourself.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses