Setting off again...

Dan and I are off again today.. Just on our own this time, Angela can't come.  That's a shame. She's not only great company, and a great friend, but a wonderful assistant too.  On the way there, our journey is broken into 2 more manageable legs when driving on one's own.  This morning, after dropping the kids to school and feeding Freelance, Dan and I drive to Sydney.  The get away has been hampered slightly by Jessica getting her 1st Principal's Award at school at Assembly at 9.30am..  Of course I will go for that, but be anxious about missing out on a Special Pony having a swim in the pool, but fingers crossed I will slide in just in time.  You can only hope.

Tomorrow morning I hope to have another special little session with the Special Pony.  Then back for breakfast and a shower, to make myself presentable, and then off to Rosehill (did I say that right?), it's George Main Stakes day.  Odd, sure that's usually at Randwick!  Oh, that's right, Randwick is undergoing major surgery, and will hopefully be ok in time for Epsom Day.

On Sunday morning I am supposed to be heading for the green and peaceful paddocks of Scone, or Murrurundi to be exact, as I have another stallion shoot on.  This one's pleasing, at Emirates, who are a new client, and I'll stay on the farm, and the weather outlook is great.  Hot, but great!  The heat (28) will come as a shock, this Canberra Gal hasn't endured more than 16 degrees for more than a handful of days for the past 4 months, Canberra has been v cold!!!

So, in addition to the 1900km Dan, Angela and I travelled at the end of August, and the 600 odd kms we travelled last weekend, this weekend Dan and I are doing another 1500km I expect.  It's a long way, his speakers are getting more and more worn, but there are ponies at the end of it.  And mostly they are the thing that sustains me at the moment.  

And I did check my oil and water this morning.  I am sure someone would be pleased about that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses