Goodbye Dan

Whilst on the subject of black horses, it would be remiss of me to not comment on champion stallion Danzero's departure from Arrowfield Stud last week.  I've photographed 'Dan', as I call him seeing as his namesake is my dear old Subaru car, who despite his increasing rattles, continues to see that I reach my various pony related destinations in one piece, for Arrowfield Stud since 2008.  I've loved photographing him, he's a grand old boy, and in both 2009 and 2011 he stamped all four of his feet, telling me he bloody well still had it!  

Danzero heads to Rosemont Stud in Victoria.  He will be well looked after there, and well received.  I hope to visit him there, but will certainly miss him when I am back at Arrowfield at the end of this month.  It's been a slice of heaven Dan, and the pleasure has been all mine..


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses