The close of the Autumn Carnival

It feels like the beginning of the 2011 Autumn Carnival is a world away....  Yet it's only just over 2 months ago that I first journeyed to Randwick to see More Joyous, then on to Flemington to see Black Caviar for the first time in 2011 in the Lightning Stakes.  Today I was back at Randwick.  Yes, it rained again, and it was really sad to see the last 2 days in what's actually been a terrific carnival washed away by rain. However, even in the gloom, two performances stood out.  The first was Helmet winning the G1 Champagne Stakes..  He's been a wayward colt.  He's very handsome, and was bred and is owned/raced by my friends at Darley.  But goodness me hes' a naughty pony.  He did his level best to throw away the Champagne Stakes, as you will see below.

The second special performance came in the All Aged Stakes, with Hay List supreme.  It showed what a good horse he is, and it also showed what a super horse the mare Black Caviar is.  So roll on Doomben, as I am sure that 3 weeks without chasing ponies will see me suddenly restless again.  Can't wait to see you pony....


Helmet (Exceed and Excel- Accessories) winning the G1 Champagne Stakes




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses