Baking Queen

My son Heath turns 9 tomorrow.  His school phoned up and said he wasn't feeling well, so I got him at 11 this morning.  Normally I'm pretty tough on this, but he had complained of a headache on route to school, and I thought he seemed a bit out of sorts. 

Let's just wind back the clock nine years.  I was a v. pregnant gal by the end of the spring carnival.  37 weeks actually, come Cox Plate weekend, and I was giving all my friends (who admittedly were mostly blokes) kittens that I'd have the baby on the track at the Valley. 

In this pregnancy, I insisted on keeping riding until I was 6 months along, which was about when it all a bit too hard and uncomfortable.  I like to say that I did keep cleaning her stable, and stabling her, up until 2 days before Heath was born.  Nice and strong!  Those abdominal muscles were pretty tough!  And photographing right up until the Cox Plate.  I thought Sunline would win her third successive Cox Plate.  I wasn't going to miss it!  I have to say that the photographs from Caulfield Guineas day were a little bit forgettable. I blame very bad light, but also a somewhat shaky state of mind having given myself and Heath a huge shock by accidentally touching the electric fence in Freelance's paddock.

Anyway, today Heath and I (yes, with Jessica helping - or hindering, as only a 5yo little sister can do, I should know, I was a little sister!) baked some cupcakes and a cake.  Bloody not bad.  I may not be able to do Domestic Goddess (I never said I was good at that stuff!!!), but I can do Baking Queen!  Hurrah!

And I thought I'd share some of the photographs that Heath and I took together.  Not bad for a pregnant gal, and the little guy!

Sunline.  2001 Apollo.  First race meeting I knew I was pregnant.  No morning sickness though yet...



Northerly. 2001 Australian Cup.  Yep.  Morning Sickness!!!!  Loving it!!!!
Ethereal.  2001 Cox Plate.  36 weeks pregnant.  Good shooting Heath!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joyous Family

The Legacy of Eight Carat: From the Vault Volume I

The physical drain of riding horses